We have received so many enquiries regarding the therapeutic use of Olive Leaf – we decided to include lots more information for you on the amazing benefits of this simple tree of life.
Many doctors are successfully employing Olive Leaf extract as therapy for patients who suffer from medically puzzling diseases such as chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, polymyalgia, arthritic inflammation and much more.
According to rheumatologist Lisa Weinrib M.D., “Olive Leaf extract is the missing link that functions as an antiviral and anti-retroviral agent by slowing down the organism’s reproductive cycle. A slowdown of the organism’s spread allows the patient’s immune system to go on the attack.”
The extract of Olive leaves operates in a multifaceted fashion. According to Dr James Privitera, it helps the body overcome microbial invasions by bringing about:-
- A critical interference with certain amino acids production procedures, necessary for a specific virus, bacterium or microbe to thrive.
- Interference with viral infection and/or spread by inactivating virus or by preventing virus shedding, budding, or assembly at the cell membrane.
- Direct penetration into infected host cells and irreversible inhibition of microbial replication.
- Neutralisation of the retrovirus’ production or reverse transcriptase and protease.
These particular enzymes are critical for a retrovirus such as human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) to alter the ribonucleic acid (RNA) of a healthy cell.
This multifaceted approach is why Olive Leaf extract is so effective against so many diseases that involve the immune system. Coronary artery disease seems to respond well to its use. Clinical studies indicate that Olive Leaf alleviates numerous disorders related to insufficient arterial blood flow, including angina pectoris and intermittent claudication. It helps eliminate artrial fibrillation (arrhythmia), lowers high blood pressure, and inhibits LDL cholesterol from oxidizing.
Dr Robert Lyons performed clinical tests of 164 of his patients suffering from respiratory and lung conditions, using Olive Leaf extract. 157 fully recovered and 7 improved – that’s a 96% success rate. Some doctors believe that Olive leaf may be a true germ killer since it selectively blocks an entire virus-specific system in the infected host.
Olive Leaf extract is a powerful antioxidant and promoter of good health, acting as a strong immune system booster by increasing phagocytes – the body’s natural killer cells.
Olive Leaf is not a drug, nor does it cure disease – rather it attacks microbes and directly strengthens the body’s immune system to create healthy body function.
In chronic conditions, or cases of serious immune system problems, around 3 months of regular ingestion is required before significant improvement is realised. Olive Leaf works best in an alkaline environment and the drinking of 3-4 glasses of water between doses is highly recommended especially to assist ‘die-off’. (see alkaline water article)
“Die-off” effects may occur in those with chronic problems and this is a good thing. When this happens, dead microbes release toxins and other substances. The liver, kidneys, intestines and skin may become over burdened. One could feel ill or develop a skin reaction – this indicates that the Olive Leaf is working. Common reactions include fatigue, diarrhea, headaches, muscle/joint aches or flu-like symptoms. “Die-off” is only temporary and ends with enhanced will-being. “Die-off” only occurs with some people. Other than this, Olive Leaf has no side effects and is very very safe to use.
It is recommended to gradually increase the dosage of Olive Leaf to whatever dose gets to the base of the individual problem. For average non-chronic illnesses, this may be 2 capsules x 2 daily. For others, this dosage may need to gradually go up to a total of 10 – 12 capsules per day (divided up x 3 times daily). The same dosage does not work for everyone, because we are all biochemically different, with many diverse health problems, so listen to your body when taking Olive – you cannot harm yourself with it – even when taking large doses.
During clinical trials of this “wonder” herb, patients stated that Olive Leaf extract solved their tiredness and fatigue problems and that they felt a greater sense of well being and energy. One likely reason for this is that the body is now freed from fighting so many opportunistic invaders with a greater freeing up of energy.
Olive Leaf may be safely given to children and animals.
Olive Leaf Extract’s Effectiveness
Based on Clinical Testing
Olive Leaf extract works against the following:-
- The generalized degradation of pathological microorganisms of all types – viruses, retroviruses, bacteria, fungi, yeasts, molds, protozoa and parasites.
- The relief of arthritic-type inflammations.
- Better control over the risks of elevated blood sugar.
- Elimination of chronic fatigue and its related problems.
- The creation or restoration of abundant energy with prolonged stamina.
- The normalization of certain types of heart problems.
- The improvement of blood flow.
- The lessening of hemorrhoid pain.
- Relief from toothaches.
- The destruction of free radicals via antioxidant action.
- The clearing of fungal infections, such as mycotic nails, athletes foot and jock itch.
- Relief from malaria and dengue fever, as well as other exotic fevers.
- The prevention and relief from all types of viral problems.
- The reversal of problems associated with candida albicans and other yeast related discomforts.
- Death and excretion of a variety of parasites.
- The herb in case of a bird flu pandemic.
Note: We have pure organic Olive Leaf capsules and tincture in stock, as well as the dried powder to capsulate your own if you choose.