Date: Friday 30th October 2015 to Sunday 1st November, with a post-conference bus trip Monday 2nd November.
Venue: Copthorne Hotel and Resort, Solway Park, Masterton. (Accommodation bookings necessary)
Theme: “Celebrating the Olive”
Schedule of Events:
Friday 30th October
5-6.30pm Registration, meet and greet, Copthorne, Solway Park Lounge.
6.30-7.30pm Meal break, Cafe Solway and Grill available on site
7.30pm Judging of competitions and group “pub quiz”
Competitions: Herbal Tipple, Olive-based condiment, Ode to the Olive, Olive and Olive Oil cosmetic cream, Photo of a garden insect.
Saturday 31st October 2015
- 9-9.30am Registrations
9.30 onward Welcome and Safety issues.
- -The Olive (Helen Meehan from Olivo Olives)
- -Soil: The living organism (Mike Palmers)
- -Manuka Honey and it’s healing powers (Denis Watson)
- -Manuka med honey producers
Following a lunch on-site are three workshop sessions with a choice of workshops from each session. Grouping of workshops is still to be decided depending on requirements of each room and facilities.
- Olive Leaf Throat Spray- Lorraine Eriths
- Herbal Food for gifts- Dianna Hiron
- Martygirl handmade Olive based products- Adi Mcmaster
- Herbal wines and liqueurs- Ian and Marilyn Wightman
- Maori Medicinal Plants- Nasir Mulligan
- Olive and Olive Oil tasting- Helen Meehan
- Basics of soap making- Marnie Rutherford
- Herb Cultivation- Mike Palmer
- Cooking with herbs- Catherine Cronin
7pm Dinner time followed by after dinner speaker (Jared Gulian) author of “Moon over Martinborough”
Sunday 1st November
AGM at Copthorne Solway
Following morning tea the bus departs to Shear Museum, with demonstrations of sheep shearing, spinning, weaving and a tour of the museum. Then it’s on to Pukaha Mt Bruce with a packed lunch and the afternoon free to experience the bush, view the kiwi, participate in eel feeding and kaka circus. Bus will depart and return to Copthorne by 4.40pm.
Monday 2nd November
Travel by bus to Aotearoa Stonehenge in South Wairarapa for a talk and guided tour. On to Fantail grove, Greytown for lunch followed by tastings of olives, hazelnuts and relishes. We finish with a visit to Paulownia Vineyard, on the outskirts of Masterton, to partake in nibbles and wine tasting.
For more information contact the Herbal Federation New Zealand. (03) 443 7448 Or Visit http://www.herbs.org.nz/