Make Your Own Lactobacteria
A healthy body has a range of friendly Lactobacteria in the colon. This natural gut flora helps to break down digestible foods without creating allergies, bowel disorders, leaking gut, bloating, yeast disturbance or gluten and food intolerances.
Unfortunately, these friendly bacteria can be destroyed with anything from antibiotics, to poor diet, parasites and drugs.
As your best medicine is food, returning the natural Lactobacteria can be as simple as making your own brew. Start with making cultured cabbage juice – you’ll need half a cup daily:
• Fill a blender with chopped green cabbage and add distilled (purified) water until it is two-thirds full.
• Beat at high speed in the blender for one minute. Pour the mixture into a bowl and repeat for two more batches. Cover with a cotton cloth and let it stand at room temperature.
• After three days, the cabbage solution is ready to use.
• Strain the mixture to separate the liquid from the pulp. Place the cultured cabbage juice in the refrigerator.
• Drink half a cup of this solution diluted with an equal part of water two to three times a day.
• When your supply gets low, make the second batch just like the first one, except add half a cup of the juice from the original batch to the second batch. Your second batch will be ready in 24 hours.
• You can keep repeating this process.
Each serving contains several billion friendly Lactobacteria. The lactic acid of the cabbage juice will purify the gastrointestinal tract and kill most strains of fungi, parasites and other pathogens. Drink until your bowel stools float in the toilet bowl and are odour free.
(Taken from Healthy Options ’06)